Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Just how far is 134 meters?

If it's the distance between you and a free ice cream, it's not that far. If it's the distance between the river and a pod suspended in the middle of the Nevis river gorge, and you're going to jump out of the pod, it's pretty damn far...

After we wrote last, I (Kristin) checked off "bungy jump" from my trip to-do list, by completing the Nevis Highwire Bungy jump- the highest bungy in New Zealand (and roughly 3x higher than the Bungy Zone in Nanaimo).

Cam, being a veteran bungy jumper already, decided to save his adventure dollars for another time, and came along as my support staff :) The tram ride and glass bottomed pod were scary enough, and worth the $35 we had to pay to get him out there! There were 20 jumpers (4 girls) and we jumped in order from heaviest to lightest. I wasn't last...

The Top Gun anthem "Danger Zone" they played while I was getting geared up was appreciated. The "Stairway to Heaven" they played while I was being winched back up (post jump) wasn't...

I shuffled to the edge, and when the countdown reached "one" I jumped before I could think otherwise. I wasn't even to the bottom before feeling relieved that it was over :) And now that it is, I can't remember most of it...

I passed up on the $80 DVD and set of three pics- but Cam did capture a few moments quite nicely...

On to our next adventure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home